Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Friday 20 May 2016

Addicted after all indeed.

Where to start? I could honestly say one or million words in this post and it still would never be enough to describe how big of an impact Krista & Becca and their books had on me. It has been almost 2 years since i became part of this life changing journey and i don't even want to think what my life would be like if i hadn't come across this series. 


Many of you probably started with Addicted to You, but the first book i read was Hothouse Flower. When i read the summary, i knew that it was exactly my kind of book and i hoped that the writing wouldn't disappoint. And oh man was the writing good. It wasn't anyhting like i had ever read before, those sisterhood bonds, friendships and relationships between Calloways and their significant others astonished me. I never could have imagined that a book could be written in that way. I fell in love with characters and their stories with every page i read. And there was just no way i could not continue the series, i wanted more of this magic. With every book i became more and more addicted.


I read Hothouse Flower sometime in the beginiing of September 2014 but didn't find Krista and Becca on twitter before January 2015, when i was reading Amour Amour. That book pretty much cemented my love for twins and all their work. I remember interacting with Becca while i was reading, i was in the middle of finals but all i wanted to do was read AA non stop (no surprise there). By that time i knew what spectacular authors they were but i never expecting them to be so sweet and kind. After that every interaction, every tweet, every conversation with them became  highlight of my day. I not only found authors who gave me everyhting i wanted in books but also two of the kindest, sweetest, most intelligent friends. They hold a very special place in my heart and life. All the memories i have of them (and i hope many more are to come) will always bring a smile and warmth to me throughout the years. These two soperwomen are two of the biggest inspirations to me. I admire them so much for not giving up on their dreams and to be able to do what they love everyday. Seriously, there is no one like them. No author comes close to them in my opinion, they just have this very special, magical way of writing where they make you feel every single emotion you are supposed to feel while reading and i could never say how thankful i'm for all their hard work.


Krista & Becca not only gave the books i'll treasure for the rest of my life but also the most precious friendships. If not them, i would probably never have found Devon, who i share this blog with and who has become my soulmate and one of my closest friends. My dear dear friends Diep, Liv, Amy, Rheeza, Ally, Sue, Manu, Iris, Jen, Anisha, Mel, Nash. These girls have become a family to me and i don't know where i would be without their constant unconditional love and warmth. Thank you for being always there, i will always hold each and every one of you in my heart. I'll steal Khalid's words and tell you that i love you from the stars, to the stars.


It's Some Kind of Perfect release day and for the past week or more specifically 
for the last months i have seen how everyone is sad that this is the end. But i'm not sad, you know why? Because this isn't the end, far from it. This is only beginning for Krista and Becca, they have so so many great thing ahead of them. Addicted was the greatest beginiing to their very special adventure. These two girls are beyond talented and I have absolutely no doubt that they still have their biggest success in the future. Besides, knowing Krista & Becca, i'm sure our beloved six characters will play the biggest part in Like Us series so we aren't seeing them for the last time, that's for sure. If you think about it this way you'll realize that you aren't sad, we all are just very very very emotional because after all these nine books we are getting some kind of closure but this isn't definitely the end. Whenever we miss them all we have to do is open our books or kindles and we can go through the life altering journey that is Addicted series.


All that being said, i still don't think it's enough to make you realize my dear soperwomen how much you have changed my life. How your sweetest messages have numerously brightened my days. How your books have been the biggest solace and support in the hardest moments of my life. How you and your characters inspire me every single day to be better, to be stronger, to be more confident. That if i want it and work for it hard enough i can achieve anything. Know that i love and appreciate you more than i could ever tell you with words. Thank you for giving me these unforgettable stories, which i'll always hold close to my heart.


Thank you for Lily Calloway, who is just the sweetest, kindest, one of the strongest and the most courageous characters i have ever read about. Lily taught me that even when the whole world is judging and pointing fingers at you, you can stay strong and brave. That no matter how much you suffer throughout your life, that childish innocence we carry deep in our hearts will still always stay with you. 

Thank you for Loren Hale, who is the example of what a husband and father should be like. Who was strong enough to overcome his demons for people he loves. Lo taught me that it is possible for us to forgive and still love people who have done nothing but bring us down our entire lives. That's one of the hardest things to do and it just proves that he has a golden heart. I admire so much about him but this the most.


Thank you for Rose Calloway, who in my opinion is a hero. She's the definition of strong, independent, intelligent woman who is beautiful inside and out. She's the most fierce character i have ever read about but also at the same time she's the most loving person who will stop at nothing to protect her family. Rose taught me that i don't have to be just smart or just beautiful or just strong. I can be all of those things if i put my mind to it. That i don't need other people's approval to be or do something i love.

Thank you for Connor Cobalt, who is the smartest, wittiest and the most passionate person. He's the kind of character who will never let you figure all of him out, who often hides behind the mask of  indifference but in fact has infinite amount of love for his family. Connor taught me that it's not always necessary to wear my heart on my sleeve. That it doesn't make you weak to not always show people who you truly are even if they judge you. That other people's opinion doesn't matter and they never define us. 


Thank you for Daisy Calloway, who always always will be my most favorite character and who i have come to care about as much as a real person. She's the true definition of sunshine, which lights up your life in the darkest of times. She is 
the strongest, kindest and the most selfless person. She would give up everything for her loved ones. Daisy taught me that no matter the struggles you go through, no matter all the pain and betrayal it's possible to still keep that light and kindness inside of you that doesn't ever let you to give up. She taught me what selflessness really means.

Thank you for Ryke Meadows, who for me is what a man, husband, father, brother and friend should be like. He's a man with the biggest, kindest and the most selfless heart. Ryke doesn't let many people see the real him, who is so very intelligent, kind, humble, sweet and selfless. Ryke taught me showing your vulnerable side to your loved ones makes you only stronger. That you should never give up on the people you love no matter how much they push you away. That it's only important to open ourselves to people you love because in the end they are the only ones who matter.


Thank you for Willow Hale, who is the most relatable character for me. I can find myself in so many of her actions that it's 
surreal. She taught me that it's okay to stand out. It's okay not to feel like you don't belong because one day you'll definitely find your place. She taught me that it's important to fight for what is important to you and never let other people's opinions bring you down.

Thank you for Garrison Abbey, who is a vital part of the story just like Willow. He had to grow up in such a cruel environment but still has so much kindness inside of him even though he doesn't believe that. He has such a big yearning to be different from all those poeple around him, to be a kind person who will inspire others and i just admire him so much for that. He taught me that you can change and become better even when no one believes in you.


This is only a small part of all the gratitude i have for you Krista and Becca. You changed my life in so many ways and i just wish i could give you more than just these words. I have infinite amout of love for you both and wish you only the very best. I'm sure so much success is still to come your way and you deserve every little bit of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment