Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Tuesday 12 April 2016

Elements Double Review

In the midst of revision and essays I've somehow managed to find the time to read two books which once came as easy as writing my name, now it proves somewhat difficult to find the energy to even contemplate reading. 

The Elements series are two books by Brittainy C. Cherry the first being The Air He Breathes and the second The Fire Between High & Lo, after reading the first recommended by Nini, I decided to give the second book a chance too. 

The Air He Breathes was an I guess not entertaining more like an interesting read which makes it sound bland yet I did enjoy the book, The Air He Breathes takes you on the journey of Tristan and Elizabeth who have both lost their spouses and find comfort in each other. Despite the obvious road this book was taking, there still were elements of surprises and twists within its pages. 

The problem that I had with this book is some of the lines were beyond cringiness, "kiss me with your darkness" made me want to chew glass and vomit, I cannot ever imagine anyone saying something so ridiculous. 

The book ended with a heart squeezing epilogue that wrapped the book up wonderfully. Overall, I did enjoy the book, despite the cringe-worthy aspects, I really liked the characters and their development, I initially gave four stars yet if quarter and half stars were possible it would be 3.5 or perhaps 3.75.




The Fire Between High & Lo started off really great I really enjoyed seeing Logan and Alyssa as teenagers and seeing their friendship develop into a relationship, even before 50% we had hit so many bumps and twists and I was quite shocked at how early all this happened, but then I remembered it's a second chance love story and split into two parts hence its fast paced. 

I then hit the half way mark and my interest started to lack, I am hundred percent up for any second chance love story as they're my favourite trope, yet this one was spared of the magic I usually feel whilst reading. Usually, when reading a second chance love story character A doesn't welcome back character B with open arms after leaving with no word for five years. For me personally, I just wanted more angst, something more than what there was in this book.

I rated The Fire Between High & Lo on Goodreads with 3 stars, however, if half stars were allowed I would have rated 3.5 stars purely because the second half of the book just dragged and lacked what elements that I need in a romance novel. Though I really did like the characters and the side characters in the book, I really admired our leads growth and strength throughout the book and I'm glad they got their happy ending. 

I think out of the two I do prefer The Air He Breathes it was more surprising and I feel I preferred the characters and their story, I do admire and enjoy Brittainy C. Cherry's writing and will hopefully read more of her in the future.




No comments:

Post a Comment